C.R.A.C.K.E.R. Fest Gaming Network Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Battlefield Vietnam
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:44 pm 
Rev. of Gnomeforest Baptist

Well, I finally got it. I decided between UT2k4, Call of Duty, and it, that I'd like to try it out as I've played UT2k4 demo and have played COD a good bit.

The game is a good sequel to BF1942. I was afraid it would turn out to be more of an expansion than a sequel. But they've done enough to the gameplay to make it worth while. The helicopters and aircraft fly much better than DC, so if you really wanted to fly but just could not handle it on DC, try BFV. The way the weapons are catagorized is awesome, and some people thing that the Americans/South Vietnamese have the advantage with the M60 and Rocket Laucher both in the same class. But I've been playing opposition and the maps tend to have more advantages in terrain for the North Vietnamese as their tanks can drive in water, also I think that the rocket launchers for the N.V. are more accurate and better IMO, plus the gun that you get with one of the rocket launcher classes is very accurate and my favorite gun for a single(but quick) shot. I like the m-16 the best for the assault class though. I'm usually playing that or the rocket launcher classes, as I haven't gotten much into the way the support class works in this game. C4 is given to one of the rocket launcher classes so I'm usually using that class so I can bomb the crap out of the tanks. Why use C4 if you can use a rocket? Because the freakign C4 is devestating if you get up on top of a hill and let one slide down into the road below and press the button as the tank drives over, dead in one hit. Rockets usually take me 2 hits before I kill large tanks...

Graphics are amazing, I've cranked the thing up to 1280x1024 res. with full graphics on and get around 30-40 fps. But that is with a nice computer, I'd say that you could get 50-60 fps with a decent computer on medium settings. Heck the game looks nice on the very lowest settings, but only problem is that you can't see that far and usually enemies are able to see you before they come our of that visibility fog...

Maps could be more diverse I guess... Its either jungles or city maps. But at least not all maps have airplanes or helis, cuz this game is actually better on the ground, and so not having airplanes carpet bombing napalm every couple of seconds can be better. They have a few maps that require air support for the team to win, so if you like it, they are there for you to play.

Well I overall give this game a high score of 8.5 out of 10 as it is a good game with better engine, and better equipment setup. However, if you don't feel like spending the $40 on it, stick with DC or another mod of similar origins to Vietnam as I'm sure their out there, though I don't think they can compare and that was my reasoning behind getting this game.

Last edited by Kraka_Da_LAN on Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:00 pm 
Kikkoman
Kikkoman

omg you called the M60 a "SAW" and are therefore degraded in FPS ranks

Post subject: Darn.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:21 pm 

Sorry about that, I edited message, I couldn't remember the name when I posted, and couldn't access the game to check... M60 is duly noted in the previous post now. Heh, I need to read the weapon names some, cuz I'm not sure what half the weapons are specifically called.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:54 am 
Kikkoman
Kikkoman

M60 is the most noted gun of almost all current FPS games sir. It is the ultima~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:16 am 
Ninja King
Ninja King

"Sporks are outdated"