C.R.A.C.K.E.R. Fest Gaming Network Forums
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:08 am 
Offline
Pimp
Pimp
User avatar

Posts: 373
Location: ATL
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:52 pm
Quote:
I liked Perfect Dark


yessss.... goldeneye defined what a FPS was to be like... perfect dark redifined FPS..

Halo2... well i dunno, i haven't played it but from what i've heard from others you can have 2 guns and single player campaign is very good.

I've played Halo and I don't see what the hype was about. it sucked. just another run-of-the-mill console first person shooter, only for the masses. There are many better fps with respect to playability and graphics out for PC... and quess what. you don't have to worry about fooling around with two joysticks...

_________________
Image
Yeormom wrote:
you make children in china cry.

Yeormom wrote:
you make children in china cry.

DFI Lan Party Jr P45 T2RS
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 3.49Ghz (466x7.5)
2x1GB HyperX DDR2-1066 + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2-1066
2xWD1600 160GB in RAID0
2xVisiontek Radeon HD4850 512MB in CrossfireX voltmodded @ 750/2000
Coolmax 950W
Microsoft Windows Vista Business 64-bit
Samsung SATA DVD-RW w/ Lightscribe
Altec Lansing 121i 2.1 Speakers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:20 am 
Offline
Pimp
Pimp
User avatar

Posts: 309
Location: MGC: Harris 111
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:12 pm
SuicideSquirrel wrote:
# 1. I didn't make the comparison.


However, you did post a quote from Tom's Hardware that does make the comparison. See:
SuicideSquirrel wrote:
http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20041110_201527.html

Quote:
In its first day on sale, the Xbox-only game" has generated more revenues than any movie, including Spider-Man 2, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and The Matrix Reloaded.


Enough said.


There is the comparison. Which you quoted in your post.

Quote:
#2. Both are related to the entertainment field, and plus, no other game to date has ever beat those records in it's opening 24 hours so it is a fair comparison.


Video games are interactive. Movies are not. Video Games are Interactive Entertainment, therefore your logic is inherently flawed.

Halo 2 may seem like it is all kick butt for making that money, but thats only because it costs so much in the first place.

Quote:
#3. Please see your MGC IT Administrator on how to refresh webpages properly because this topic has been dead.


Ha. Some people leave MGC for short peroids of time....Where they go home and get laundry done. Next time I make a trip out, I'll take down a power pole in Eastman so you all know about it......

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:39 am 
Offline
Kikkoman
Kikkoman
User avatar

Posts: 2391
Location: 127.0.0.1
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:51 pm
Image

_________________
Current Computer System
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:19 am 
Offline
Quit Life
User avatar

Posts: 520
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:06 pm
Perfect Dark does pwn everything......The N64 system wasn't quite fit to handle it's glory...I remember many days of fourplayer action with the skippage....nevertheless...it was great.

Ron, no matter what you say, video games will still be in the entertainment field. Debate that. Halo has made the money. Live with it. I don't care if you like the game or not.

There's ya spork.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:34 am 
Offline
Pimp
Pimp
User avatar

Posts: 309
Location: MGC: Harris 111
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:12 pm
What makes you think I don't like the game?

I'm just saying that the comparison Tom's Hardware made was inherently flawed.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:03 pm 
Offline
Quit Life
User avatar

Posts: 520
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:06 pm
They are just simply stating no other movie or any other game has made that much money in it's first 24 hours. It's not flawed. Sure XBOX games cost 50 bucks a pop, but you have to understand that this has NEVER happened before with any game or movie.

"We say the last three fans because the game has already raked in over 125 million in just the first day of its release. That is the biggest opening day in the history of entertainment, not just gaming. In other words, that beats out Spider Man 2, those crazy Harry Potter movies, and the Matrix: Reloaded. Microsoft estimates that opening day units sold exceeded 2.4 million."

Usually, movies like Spiderman 2 earn more money it's first day of release than video games do in there first day release. That's why they compared them.

Here's something else that was just publicized also.

http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20041112_130115.html

"The Official Halo 2 Guide, a user strategy guide for the new Halo 2 Xbox video game sold more than 270,000 copies on Tuesday, November 9th, its first day on sale across the United States and Canada, becoming one of the fastest-selling new books of the decade."

"...and has become the Random House title with the biggest first day on sale since Bill Clinton's "My Life" release in June 2003, the company said."

What are you going to say next? That video game books aren't in fact real books?

Well last post for me in this thread. In the words of the infamous Rogue Spear terrorists, "I can't take it!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:47 pm 
Offline
Pimp
Pimp
User avatar

Posts: 309
Location: MGC: Harris 111
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:12 pm
Still, compartively, movies produce bigger opening day numbers. Which if prices were equal would equal to Halo 2 being very low on the list of highest first day gross.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:07 pm 
Offline
Kikkoman
Kikkoman
User avatar

Posts: 2391
Location: 127.0.0.1
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:51 pm
SuicideSquirrel wrote:
"The Official Halo 2 Guide, a user strategy guide for the new Halo 2 Xbox video game sold more than 270,000 copies on Tuesday, November 9th, its first day on sale across the United States and Canada, becoming one of the fastest-selling new books of the decade."


Saying it's hint book was a high seller of the 2000's is nearly stupid anyway. There hasn't been a single noted released book in this decade. Books got served by the video industry here in the US.

On another note, if the demand for the LoTR series could have been met by theaters, it would have served everything. If you recall, most theaters were sold out for weeks on that movie because of the extremely long running time and theater fund limitations on movie liscense right costs.

_________________
Current Computer System
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:51 pm 
Offline
Pimp
Pimp
User avatar

Posts: 309
Location: MGC: Harris 111
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:12 pm
Joshn, in response to your IM, I understand completely. But still, it's not a fair comparison Tom's Hardware made. I don't care about it enough to argue it anymore...so..... :P

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:00 pm 
Offline
Kikkoman
Kikkoman
User avatar

Posts: 2391
Location: 127.0.0.1
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:51 pm
Oh come on~ this wasn't an arguement anyway. This was a friendly notification that your opinion sucks am I right?

_________________
Current Computer System
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:40 pm 
Offline
Pimp
Pimp
User avatar

Posts: 309
Location: MGC: Harris 111
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:12 pm
More of a friendly notification taht Tom's hardware's logic is flawed.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:45 pm 
Offline
Kikkoman
Kikkoman
User avatar

Posts: 2391
Location: 127.0.0.1
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:51 pm
Tom's hardware consists of a rejected college professor that leads a jouranalist around to write about whatever they can get their hands on...consider journalism and the fact it's an opinion of a fact and that since the same people over and over, you see nothing but repetition. The guy is British for God's sake!

_________________
Current Computer System
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:14 am 
Offline
Quit Life
User avatar

Posts: 520
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:06 pm
lol awesome.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:19 am 
Offline
Ninja King
Ninja King
User avatar

Posts: 419
Location: Statesboro, GA
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:06 pm
Dies ist ein ninja Posten.

_________________
http://www.crystalinks.com/bigbang2.jpg

"Sporks are outdated"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:13 pm 
Offline
Kikkoman
Kikkoman
User avatar

Posts: 2391
Location: 127.0.0.1
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:51 pm
Image

_________________
Current Computer System
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Fatal error: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\crackerfest.com\httpdocs\forums\includes\acm\acm_file.php on line 106