C.R.A.C.K.E.R. Fest Gaming Network Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: VX6700 Smartphone
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:38 am 
Rev. of Gnomeforest Baptist
Rev. of Gnomeforest Baptist

Just got a great deal for a mint condition VX6700 Windows Mobile 6.1 Smartphone. I needed an upgrade bad anyways, was using this ([url="http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/detail/detail.do?group=mobilephones&type=mobilephones&subtype=verizonwireless&model_cd=SCH-A670ZSVXAR"]SCH-a670[/url]).

416Mhz Intel Bulverde processor
128MB Flash ROM & 64MB SDRAM
2.8" 320x240 Resolution screen
802.11b Wifi, v1.2 bluetooth
Slide out QWERTY keyboard

I've only got to play around with it for the night, but it does well on internet over my wireless internet at home. The screen is crisp and clear. Video quality from movies on it is good even for the small resolution. The keyboard is awesome! I has a very sturdy feel, the entire phone feels very well built (solid). The keyboard is very easy to type on as the keyboard as well spaced and decently sized.

Modded it with a custom Windows Mobile 6.1 rom with better software, so it plays just about any type of video format unlike Media Player. It has iPhone like scrolling, coverflow with software update. Alot more free software from Windows Mobile than I thought. Was under the impression that PalmOS was better for free software than Windows, but seems they've come a long way since the last time I checked.

Good phone.

Post subject: Re: VX6700 Smartphone
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:35 pm 
Kikkoman
Kikkoman

I'm still chilling with my HTC Wizard I bought two-three years ago~ she's a good deal slower in the processor/memory department but also lasts two-three weeks on a single charge. 200MHz/64MB/WM5/Quad/802.11ab/Blue/SD/Keyboard/Touch etc. I bought it planning to use it for Outlook sync but I stopped keeping appointments in it after the first six months. Great for reminding me about finals though...I probably wouldn't do it again though.