C.R.A.C.K.E.R. Fest Gaming Network Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Piece of advice from a woman...AKA a rant
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:40 pm 
Fragger
Fragger

Ok, boys...I'm not a typical girl. You all know that. My boyfriend was one of my really close friends before we started dating. He has said he loves me. And I, being a good girlfriend, don't make him say it in front of anyone he might not want to say it in front of. However, I lucked up and found one that says it in front of anyone and everyone. I'm rambling, I'm sorry. Point is, I have a great boyfriend and I shouldn't complain, but I'm in the mood to bitch.

Prom is the 30th. My dress is Black and Silver. My nails are Black and Silver. My shoes are Black and Silver. I was recently informed that his favorite color is Orange. That's cool. Orange is great, I love Orange. However, last night when I mentioned the garter dance, I was informed that "It would be really, really cool if you got an Orange lacy garter. *pause* But you're gonna be the one wearing it, so I don't care, you know. You can go ahead and get Black and Silver to match everything. I'm sure I'll like whatever you get." Do any of you see absolutely anything wrong with that statement? Probably not. But I did. So now, here I sit bitching about my fabulous boyfriend.

There is a moral to this story. Females like to make the males happy. I'm sure the thoughts of an Orange garter were fleeting to him. He's probably forgotten about it by now. But I haven't. And as a general rule, we don't. By making that last statement about liking whatever I get, he thinks he's letting me off the hook. When, in actuality, now I'm scrambling around looking for a FRIGGIN ORANGE GARTER!

So, just know that us trixy womenses take everything too seriously. Don't even think about suggesting anything to us that we might not be able to do. Because here's how it's gonna go. If I don't get the Orange garter, I will cry lots and be pissed at him and he will have no clue why. If I actually get the Orange garter and he doesn't sing enough praises about it, I will cry and be pissed. See? It's pretty much no win, here.

I guess the whole point of this was to give advice. I forgot. It's really hard to find something to bitch about when you have a boyfriend that notices when you get new lipstick. I'm not used to "keepers" and I'm having bitchiness withdrawals due to the fact that I'm finally with a good man. Expect more of these to come. Trust me, it's not you, it's me. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:25 am 
Fragger
Fragger

I love this topic.
The real question is does orange and silver go together? And if so, what season should you wear it?

Also see:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:46 pm 
Kikkoman
Kikkoman

I'm surprised a school would even have a garter dance~ God knows this Bible belt wouldn't ever allow that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:25 pm 
Fragger
Fragger

HAHA! This reminds me of something we talked about yesterday. For some unknown reason, cheerleaders seem to want to be my friend. I don't give a flying fuck about popularity. So, of course, this means that the most popular girl at our school vies for my attention like a sad little puppy. She wants us to get our nails and hair done together, etc.

Well, yesterday, we started talking about the garter dance. Like Thomas, I figured something of this sort would never ever fly. Under that premise, I asked said cheerleader where exactly do you put the garter. I know that they're supposed to be on the thigh, but I didn't figure a school would be cool with that. But, apparently they are because she goes "It's supposed to be on your thigh, but you can put it wherever you want it. I'm putting it on my calf because Stevie will wanna take it off with his teeth." Of course, my sense of humor would never let that fly so I said, "Oh my fuck! Scott would too. I'm gonna put it right here. *points to area where thigh meets crotch* Then I'd have to say 'Excuse me administrators while I go to the bathroom and extract my boyfriend from my crotch.'" I don't think she got it...but she laughed like she did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:03 pm 
Pimp
Pimp

These "garter dances" are the spawn of Satan...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:35 pm 
Kikkoman
Kikkoman

Garter dance started as a form of a wedding ceremony symbolizing some jack about taking the girls body to keep or something another. You can be there's gonne be some high thigh action going on~ taking it off with the teeth is weak tho~ gotta use both your hands to roll it off thoroughly :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:40 pm 
Pimp
Pimp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:54 pm 
Rev. of Gnomeforest Baptist
Rev. of Gnomeforest Baptist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:33 pm 
Fragger
Fragger